A Registered Nurse supervises the Health Aide at District 622 schools. Our health aide will dispense medication, determine the appropriate action in emergencies, and monitor the health concerns of students. The following are points for you to remember about school health services:
- Please call the Attendance Line before 10:00 a.m. to report absences.
- The health aide must be informed of students taking any medication in school.
- A written order from a physician is required whenever your child is to receive medication at school. This includes prescription and over-the-counter medications such as Tylenol and cough drops. Controlled substances such as Ritalin, Dexedrine, Cylert, and Adderall, must be delivered to school by an adult. Students should not bring these medications to school.
- Our health aide and trained volunteers conduct vision and hearing screening. Parents are notified if further testing is suggested.
- State law requires children to show evidence of completion of immunizations before they are legally enrolled in school.
It is very important that you fill out an Emergency Information and Health Card. These information cards are needed when your child is ill or when we have early school closings. Please fill it out completely and return it as soon as possible so that we have accurate, up-to-date information regarding your child. If any of the information changes, please notify us immediately.
If you have a regular schedule or activities during the school day, such as sports or volunteer work, please list your schedule on the back of the emergency card along with the phone numbers where you can be reached, if you do not carry a cell phone.